Secondary School Registration (Grades 9-12)
Under provincially legislated Open Access, students of both Separate (Catholic) School and Public School Supporters may attend Catholic secondary schools, subject to the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board's admissions requirements.
If your child is already enrolled in a DPCDSB elementary school, they will be automatically enrolled in their local Catholic secondary school for Grade 9.
- St. Marcellinus Catholic Secondary School has limited registration availability. Click here for more information.
- Cardinal Ambrozic Secondary School will not be able to accommodate any new registrations at this time due to enrolment projections for the 2022-2023 school year. All new registrations are directed to Ascension of Our Lord Catholic Secondary School.
To find out which Catholic school is in your area, use the Peel Region and Dufferin County Find My School tools or contact the Planning Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24440.
- If you are applying for admissions under 'Flex Boundaries', please contact the school office directly.
Secondary Student Transfer Request Form (for current DPCDSB students)
- To enrol in a
Secondary Regional Program (e.g. Advanced Placement, I.B., Arts, Sports), please contact the school directly for more information about the application process.
- Entry Planning Form for Students with Differing Abilities
Completion of this form should only be done after parents/guardians have completed the online registration process. This form should only be completed for students who have higher needs (e.g. a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, medical needs, needs requiring equipment or specialized services, speech, vision or hearing needs, etc.)
For more information about admissions and requirements, parents/guardians should contact their
school directly or the Admissions Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24512 or 24519 or 24511 or
- Create an account on the Online Application System.
How to Create an Account: Quick Reference Guide
- Receive email confirmation acknowledging receipt of the online Application Form with further instructions if supporting documentation was not submitted online. (See below for a complete list).
- During the summer, the Admissions Department will confirm the registration is for the correct grade and the home address falls within the boundary for the selected school. If there is an issue, the Admissions Department will contact you.
- Once the school re-opens, the week of August 29, the Guidance Department will contact you to verify all documentation and student course schedule. Please follow-up with your child’s school the week of August 29, 2022.
Video: How to Create an Account
Video: How Register Online for Secondary School
For those without online access, printed copies of the Registration package are available in the school office. You may also download the Printable Registration Form.
The following documents are required to complete the registration process. All documents MUST be submitted in English and be originals:
Proof of age of the child
Birth Certificate or passport.
Updated immunization records
Report your child's immunizations to
Region of Peel Public Health or
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health online and give the reference number to your child's school when registering.
Proof of Canadian citizenship
Birth certificate, passport or permanent resident status.
Proof of home address
Two of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill, electronic bill, real estate document or Government of Canada issued forms. On a case-by-case basis, consideration for any special circumstance shall go through the respective Superintendent or Admissions Officer. If the lease agreement is the sole documentation and not a standard lease form, it should be notarized/Commissioner of Oath.
Emergency rural address numbers
For identifying your property, if applicable.
Proof of English Separate School Support
May be done at the time of registration by completing an Application for the
Direction of School Support and/or a Separate School Lease Agreement (Peel or
Dufferin). Learn More: Direction of School Support
For more information about admissions and requirements, parents/guardians should contact the Admissions Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24512 or 24519 or 24511.
SECONDARY PROGRAM INFORMATION