Skip navigation
  •  StudentsKorean
  •  StudentsKoreanPolish
  •  StudentsKoreanPolishSpanish
  •  StudentsKoreanPolishSpanishTagalog
Extraordinary Lives Start With a Great Catholic Education

Direction of School Support




 Catalog-Item Reuse ‭[1]‬


For your child to attend a Catholic elementary school in the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board, you MUST be registered as an English Separate (Catholic) School Supporter on your municipal property tax designation.

By directing your tax support to the separate (Catholic) school system:

  • your children may attend Catholic elementary schools    
  • you may vote for Catholic school trustees in municipal elections
  • you show your support for the Catholic school system

Who is eligible to be an
English Separate (Catholic) school supporter?
You can direct your support to the ​English Separate (Catholic) school system on your property taxes, if you own or lease/property in the DPCDSB catchment area and are Roman Catholic.
Note: If one of the homeowners are non-Catholic, that owner can only support the public school system and vote for a public school trustee.

To verify that you are registered as an English Separate (Catholic) school supporter:

  • Check the assessment section of your Tax Bill or Property Assessment Notice
  • Check your Voter Information Card received during an election year 

Have you moved? 

Even if you have been an English Separate (Catholic) School Supporter in the past, the designation DOES NOT follow you when you move. By default, your property taxes support your municipality's English public school board. Every time you move or if there is a change of ownership, it is essential that you register as an English Separate (Catholic) school supporter.

All Catholics are eligible to support Catholic education!

Catholic ratepayers who don't currently have children in the Catholic school system are also important to the continuation of our Catholic education system. Direction of school support should be made even if you don't have children currently attending school. It is an investment in our Catholic education system and all Catholic ratepayers are partners with Catholic educators in this investment.

To register as an English Separate (Catholic) School Supporter or change your Direction of School Support, please contact the DPCDSB Admissions Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24512 or

More Information About Supporting Catholic Education


  • Application for Direction of School Support
  • Separate School Lease Agreement Form
    A Separate School Lease Agreement is an additional document required by the government, which allows people, jointly responsible for the payment of property taxes, either directly through ownership or indirectly through the payment of rent, one of whom is non-Catholic, to direct school support to the Catholic system.

Direction of School Support Graphic web.png
Both of the above forms should be completed and mailed to:
Admissions Department
Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board
40 Matheson Boulevard West
Mississauga, ON L5R 1C5

Please contact the DPCDSB Admissions Department at if you require assistance or have any questions.

back to top