Students enrolled in Dufferin-Peel online courses are responsible for their actions while using the Network and digital tools. All online students are expected to adhere to the eLearning guidelines listed below.
The eLearning guidelines are as follows:
- When using the network, only access sites that are appropriate for use in your course
- Be aware that your actions within the learning management system can be seen and monitored. The Learning Management System (D2L) automatically keeps track of your login, the IP address of the machine you are working on, and the total time logged in for each session
- Be aware that information on an Internet website may be inaccurate or biased. Try to verify the information using other sources, if possible, before using it
- Be careful of what you say to others and how you say it. Never give your name, home address, telephone numbers or any personal information (i.e., physical description or school) about yourself or others to any strangers you write to or communicate with on the Internet. Never arrange to meet strangers who approach you whilst on the computer; anyone can pretend to be someone else. Someone pretending to be a friend may not have your best interests at heart
- Be respectful. You must not seek or send images, sounds, or messages which might be considered inappropriate, obscene, abusive, offensive, harassing, illegal, or counsel to illegal activities
- Keep your password private. You will not share your login and password with others, nor attempt to learn or use logins and passwords which are not your own
- Backup and save all your work to your school Google Drive or OneDrive.
- For students from another school board who are enrolled in a Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board eLearning course, please note that your teacher may not be able to gain access to your school Google Drive (unless you set your files to “anyone with the link can access”). OneDrive folders can only typically be shared with those in your school district. It is recommended that you upload PDF files into your D2L course. If you have further questions, please speak to your teacher to determine the best method of sharing files in D2L.
- Immediately report to a teacher any message or request which is received or encountered that makes you feel uncomfortable while using the Internet or communication tools within D2L
- Respect copyright and trademarks. You cannot use the words or pictures that you see on an Internet site without giving credit to the person who produced the information originally. You must not copy text or pictures from the Internet and hand it in to your teacher as your own work
- Avoid spamming and the use or propagating chain letters and other email debris
- Maintain responsibility for meeting all personal deadlines regardless of network availability
- Always log out and close your browser when your session has finished
- Notify your online teacher if you must be absent for an extended period or wish to withdraw from the online course
To access the complete Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board Network Use and Security Policy.