DPCDSB's Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
LINC Program is a FREE language instruction program for adult newcomers to Canada. The program helps newcomers learn English and assists them in the settlement process and integration into Canadian society by offering classes to develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. The classes also help them learn about Canadian culture as they learn English.
DPCDSB's LINC Program features
- Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) from 1 to 7
- Full-time and part-time classes during the day
- Training to develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills and knowledge of English grammar
- Fully equipped computer labs with English learning software
- Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) approach to assessment
- A LINC certificate is issued which is used when applying for
- Canadian citizenship
- FREE Bus tickets for eligible students
- FREE Child Care available for toddlers, pre-schoolers and school-going children (19 months to 6 years old)
The LINC program is FREE to all newcomers who meet the following criteria:
- Permanent residents
- Convention refugees (refugee claimants are not eligible)
- 18 years of age or older
We offer full-time and part-time classes at two locations.
Central Parkway Mall
377 Burnhamthorpe Road East
Mississauga, ON L5A 3Y1
St. Dunstan Elementary School
1525 Cuthbert Ave
Mississauga, Ontario, L5M 3R6
All of our locations are accessible by Mississauga Transit. Free bus tickets are available for eligible students.
Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) Program
DPCDSB's Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) program enables eligible parents to attend LINC classes while their children receive care at the same site. The program is led by highly qualified and experienced caregivers who hold Early Childhood Education (ECE) qualifications.
Funded by IRCC and monitored by CMAS, the program provides a stimulating, safe and happy environment for children, and encourages their emotional, cognitive and creative development. The facility is fully equipped with toys, learning materials and space for physical activities.
The program provides care for toddlers, pre-schoolers and school-going children (19 months to 6 years old) under the regulations of Newcomer Children Requirements. It is offered from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM at 1525 Cuthbert Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L5M 3R6
For more information abd to register, call 905-366-5703 Ext: 48601 or email email@example.com
Please click here to access the LINC Flyer.