Posted on: 11/4/19
Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-21 school year begins January 6
Parents/Guardians can register students online or in-person at DPCDSB Catholic schools
Kindergarten registration for the 2020-21 school year at Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board (DPCDSB) schools will take place January 6-17, 2020. The DPCDSB offers the full-day Kindergarten program in all 125 Catholic elementary schools in Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Bolton and Orangeville.
Parents/guardians have the option to register online at www.dpcdsb.org or in-person at their designated Catholic school. The online Application Form should be completed prior to in-person school meetings where documentation will be received. If parents/guardians wish to register in-person, they may do so during school hours. For those unable to register at the school during school hours, an extended registration day has been scheduled for Tuesday, January 14, 2020 (Snow Date: January 16, 2020). Schools will receive registrations and documentation until 6:30 p.m. that day.
The following documents are required for registration:
- Online Application Form or Registration Form (copies available at the school)
- Proof of age of the child (birth certificate or passport)
- Original Roman Catholic baptismal certificate (for child and/or parent/guardian) or original baptismal certificate from a church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome. If the child has not been baptized, and the parent/guardian is a baptized Roman Catholic or has been baptized in a church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome, the parent/guardian must bring their own original baptismal certificate.
- Updated immunization records (Immunization Card, Peel Health Form or Letter of Exemption)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship (Birth Certificate/Passport) or permanent resident status
- Proof of home address (two of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill, real estate document or Government of Canada issued forms)
- Emergency rural address numbers for property identification, if applicable (residents of Caledon and Dufferin County)
- Proof of English Separate School Support (may be completed at the time of registration by filling out an Application for the Direction of School Support and/or a Separate School Lease Agreement available at the school)
Inquiries about home school locations/boundary areas should be directed to the DPCDSB Planning Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24440.
Registration is open to Catholic children and children of Catholic parents. Kindergarten students must be at least four (4 ) years of age by December 31, 2020.
For more information, parents/guardians should contact their local Catholic school, visit the DPCDSB website or call DPCDSB's Admissions Department at 905-890-1221.