Catholic Education Week
Catholic Education Week begins on a Sunday to highlight the partnership that remains the foundation of Catholic education between our Catholic schools and local Catholic parishes.
Catholic Education Week 2020 will be held May 3-8, 2020.
This year's theme was Catholic Education: Igniting Hope.
The theme for CEW 2020, Igniting Hope, was inspired by three sources:
- The recent Papal Exhortation, Christus Vivit, by Pope Francis following the 2018 Synod of Bishops on Young People, the Faith and Vocational Discernment
- The recent Ontario Bishops' pastoral letter, Renewing the Promise (2018)
- The Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations by the Institute for Catholic Education (2019)
The sub-themes for Catholic Education Week 2020 are as follows:
- Monday: Our Hope in Christ
- Tuesday: The Hope Within Us
- Wednesday: The Hope Among Us
- Thursday: Hope for the World
- Friday: A Future Full of Hope
For more information about Catholic Education Week and to access OCSTA Resources, visit the
#MyCatholicEducation Social Media Campaign
Every year, the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board launches a social media campaign called #MyCatholicEducation to commemorate Catholic Education Week.
Students, staff, parents and alumni, are asked to reflect on “What does Catholic education mean to you?” or “How has your Catholic education helped to shape the person you are today?” and share their thoughts through tweets and pictures using the hashtag #MyCatholicEducation.
This social media campaign not only serves as a way to celebrate Catholic Education Week, but it also provides the Dufferin-Peel community with an opportunity to share their message with a broader audience.