Catholic Education Week
Catholic Education Week begins on a Sunday to highlight the partnership that remains the foundation of Catholic education between our Catholic schools and local Catholic parishes.
Catholic Education Week 2019 was held May 5-10, 2019.
This year's theme was Catholic Education: Living as Joyful Disciples.
The theme for CEW 2019, Living as Joyful Disciples, was inspired by three sources:
- Renewing the Promise, The Pastoral Letter on Catholic Education from the Bishops of Ontario
- Gaudete et exsultate, The Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Francis on the Call to Holiness
- Young People, the Faith and Vocational Discernment, The Synod of Bishops in October 2018
Mindful of the upcoming Synod on Youth, the theme and sub-themes are very much directed to the young people in our schools, especially in their growth in holiness and their formation as disciples of Christ through the discernment of their vocational pathways.
The sub-themes for Catholic Education Week 2019 are as follows:
- Monday: Rooted in Prayer
- Tuesday: Living in Community
- Wednesday: Doing Justice and Creating Hope
- Thursday: Journeying Together in Faith
- Friday: Sharing the Good News
For more information about Catholic Education Week and to access OCSTA Resources, visit the
#MyCatholicEducation Social Media Campaign
Every year, the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board launches a social media campaign called #MyCatholicEducation to commemorate Catholic Education Week.
Students, staff, parents and alumni, are asked to reflect on “What does Catholic education mean to you?” or “How has your Catholic education helped to shape the person you are today?” and share their thoughts through tweets and pictures using the hashtag #MyCatholicEducation.
This social media campaign not only serves as a way to celebrate Catholic Education Week, but it also provides the Dufferin-Peel community with an opportunity to share their message with a broader audience.