The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board is one of largest and most diverse school districts in Ontario, serving 1,213,841 residents over 2,670 square kilometres. The Board currently operates 151 Catholic schools (125 elementary and 26 secondary) throughout Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon and Orangeville, with a student enrolment of approximately 73,000. With over 8,000 employees, the Board is also one of the largest employers in the Region. It is the goal of the Board to provide quality education to students in a setting which fosters Catholic values and beliefs.
Broader Public Sector Procurement Directive (BPS) & the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services initiative is to access Vendor of Record arrangements, which are available to all Public Sector Organizations.
The Board shall encourage cooperative purchasing with other School Boards and other units of Government or their agencies of public authorities, or utilize an existing vendor of record arrangement through Ministry of Government Services contracts, whenever the best interest of the Board will be served.
Alternately, the Board will utilize Bids & Tenders as the online platform for all public procurement opportunities and post all bids for an open, competitive process. Accordingly it is incumbent upon vendors wishing to do business with the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board to review and respond to electronically advertised opportunities in a timely manner such as those that appear on Bids and Tenders.
Policies & Procedures:
The Mission of the Supply Chain Management Department is to spend effectively and efficiently as a government public body as well as:
- to assure the continuity of supply to meet service needs
- to avoid duplication and waste through standardization
- to enhance or maintain required quality standards in goods and services purchased
- to develop a cooperative environment between purchasing, users, suppliers and other government agencies
- to obtain maximum savings through innovative buying and application of value analysis technologies
- to administer the Supply Chain Management function with internal efficiency
- to purchase at the best value consistent with quality, performance and delivery requirements
- to subscribe to and work for honesty and truth in buying and selling, and to denounce all forms and manifestations of unethical procurement