"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart…" Colossians 3:23-24
The Research Team at the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board (DPCDSB) provides evidence to inform decision-making in Catholic education. The main focus of our work includes:
- Strategic planning
- Data management and analysis
- System-wide data literacy leadership and support
- Policy development and coordination
- Program evaluation and ad-hoc requests
Individuals interested in conducting research in Dufferin-Peel must apply through the Office of the Superintendent of Policy, Strategy, and Global Learning. The application shall consist of one (1) online submission and one (1) signed hard copy* mailed to Ertha D'Anna (please see contact information below).
In order to be considered by the Research Committee, applications must be received by no later than one of the following dates, on a yearly basis:
Meetings of the Research Committee will occur within approximately one month of these deadlines.
To get started on the online application, Click Here.
For a preview of the questions, Click Here.
*Note: At the end of the Online External Research Application, applicants can
print a PDF of their application to submit as hard copy. This PDF must be printed and sent to the Office of the Superintendent of Policy, Strategy, and Global Learning. Applicants must also
send hard copies of any uploaded files (e.g., copies of instruments, Criminal Reference Check, ethics approval), as the content of these files
is NOT captured by the PDF.
Requests for research must be accompanied by criteria and conditions, which include:
- a general description of the study;
- a completed and
signed application form;
- an ethics approval from the institution or sponsoring agency;
- a description of the potential risks of the study;
- arrangements for feedback to the school system;
- protection of the rights and well-being of subjects;
- protection of the confidentiality of any information that may identify the board, school, staff member or student;
- the research project shall not interfere with the normal operation of the school; and
- the principal of the school retains the right and obligation to deny access to subjects based on this principle.
Please mail one signed hard copy to:
Equity, Policy, Strategy, Research
40 Matheson Boulevard West
Mississauga, ON L5R 1C5
Research applicants who require amendments to their project MUST re-submit an application with the changes, prior to implementation. For more information, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).