- St. Francis Xavier opened in 1990;
- One of the largest Catholic school in Mississauga (~2000 students);
- Mission Statement: "The community of St. Francis Xavier will strive to live the Gospel values of Faith, Love, Hope, Peace and Service as taught by Jesus and His Church…";
- A diverse population in excess of over 70 different ethnic nationalities which enhances the life of our school community. Our strength is in our diversity as we are all "'Citizens of the World";
- The Chaplaincy Formation Program is the response of our community to the needs of all students, including staff, in the participation of the life, mission, and ministry of the Church;
International Baccalaureate Program –challenging diploma program recognized by universities world-wide;
- Sports, Health and Wellness and Hospitality and Tourism Specialist High Skills Major;
- Planning for Independence Program (PIP)
- Field trips to China, Europe and the USA.
- Student mentorship and leadership programs;
- Catholic and Academic focus on the needs of students AT RISK;
- School drop-out rate is less than 2%;
- Multiple fund raising activities: Share Life, Café Night, STORM …
"Striving for Excellence in Catholic Education; to give our students a Purpose and Hope for Life."