Memo from STOPR.pdf
Please check the STOPR website at www.stopr.ca for the most up-do-date information regarding bus schedules, pick-up and drop-off times, and stops. Please do not call the school for this information. Please contact STOPR for the most accurate information, please check STOPR or call 905-890-6000 and press "1".
Parents are also reminded that we are notified regularly by STOPR when there are bus changes (stop times, stop changes, etc.), a notice is sent home with your child. Please check with your child regularly for such changes to his/her bus schedules/route so you are always up-to-date with this important information. Thank you.
Bus Rules for Students
For their own safety, students are expected to:
- Take their assigned bus home
- Stand in an orderly manner in the assigned bus line at the designated area
- Walk in an orderly manner to the assigned bus
- Remain clear of any moving vehicles
- Board their assigned bus when directed by the supervising teacher and/or bus patrollers
- Board the bus only at the designated boarding area
- Sit in their assigned seat as instructed by the Vice-Principal or bus driver
- Listen and follow directions of the supervising teacher, bus driver and/or bus monitor
- Assist in keeping the bus clean
- Remain seated at all times when the bus is en route
- Keep arms, head, objects inside the bus
- Leave aisles clear of personal belongings
- Avoid excess noise and rowdiness which may distract the driver
- Refrain from throwing objects out of bus windows
- Report to the office immediately if they miss their bus
Note: All students who receive a Bus Discipline Form (pink slip) from the school bus driver will have a meeting with the Vice Principal A Second “Bus Discipline Form” results in a phone call home to parents. A third “Bus Discipline Form” results in a suspension of bus privileges for 3 days. Serious offences –minimum 10 day bus suspension.
Inquiries about Bussing after 4:20 p.m.
The school office closes at 4:20 p.m. After that time there is no one available to answer phone calls. We recognize that it is important for parents to know the whereabouts of their child if the bus is delayed to due weather, traffic, etc.
Contact either STOPR at (905)890-6000 or check their website at www.stopr.ca or the bus company directly. Once the school buses leave the school this is the best method to locate them.
Bus # 1 SOF. 101 Rte. 0010 First Student (905) 270-0561
Bus # 2 SOF. 102 Rte. 0043 First Student (905) 270-0561
Bus # 3 SOF. 103 Rte. 0005 First Student (905) 270-0561
Bus # 4 SOF. 104 Rte. 0313 Switzer-Carty (905) 276-2224
Bus # 5 SOF. 105 Rte. 1584 First Student (905) 270-0561
Bus # 6 SOF. 106 Rte. 0044 First Student (905) 270-0561
Bus # 7 SOF. 107 Rte. 0034 First Student (905) 270-0561
Bus # 8 SOF. 108 Rte. 0028 First Student (905) 270-0561
Bus # 9 SOF. 109 Rte. 0203 Switzer-Carty (905) 276-2224
Bus # 10 SOF. 110 Rte. 1550 First Student (905) 857-4370
Bus # 11 SOF. 111 Rte. 0296 Switzer-Carty (905) 276-2224
Bus # 12 SOF. 112 Rte. 0222 Switzer-Carty (905) 849-2080
Bus # 13 SOF. 113 Rte. 0036 First Student (905) 270-0561
Bus # 14 SOF. 114 Rte. 0283 Switzer-Carty (905) 276-2224
Bus # 15 SOF. 115 Rte. 1418 First Student (905) 270-0561
Bus # 16 SOF. 116 Rte. 1560 First Student (905) 857-4370
Bus # 17 SOF. 117 Rte. 0200 Switzer-Carty (905) 849-2080
Bus # 18 WSO 190 Rte. 1408 First Student (905) 270-0561
School Bus CANCELLATIONS
Cancellations or School Closing Announcements - for Parents November 2018.pdf
- STOPR: 905-890-6000
- www.dpcdsb.org or this website. There will be a yellow ALERT banner at the top of the page - advising of any cancellations or other relevant alert messages.
- Call 905-890-1221 to hear opening recorded message (e.g. "Thank you for calling the DPCDSB on Wednesday, January 29, 2018. Please be advised that buses in Dufferin County and Caledon are cancelled today...")
- TWITTER - all cancellations/closures are tweeted. Follow the DPCDSB at: @DPCDSBSchools
During the winter months inclement weather may cause disruption of bus transportation and regular school operations. A decision to cancel school transportation and/or to close schools is usually made by 6:00a.m. and will be announced on the radio and television stations listed below. If school buses cannot run safely due to poor weather conditions in the morning or the threat of worsening conditions later in the school day an announcement is made.
“ALL DUFFERIN PEEL BUSES are CANCELLED”.
If transportation is cancelled in the morning there will be no transportation in the afternoon – even if weather conditions improve.
Sometimes parents struggle to get their children to the school when buses are cancelled only to be faced with the impossible task of getting the children home if conditions get worse during the day. Children who are not at school due to bus cancellations are not considered absent on the attendance register.
If you hear: "The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board buses and the Peel District School Board buses in THE TOWN OF CALEDON are cancelled."
This means BUS 10 and BUS 16 are cancelled only.