DPCDSB Love of Literature 2023 Winter flyer.pdf
PLEASE FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @olf_dpcdsb FOR INFORMATION ON DISTANCE LEARNING
PARENTS WALKING STUDENTS TO SCHOOL AND PICKING STUDENTS UP
- Please keep to the perimeter of the pavement. The students know where to go.
- Parent and pre-school age siblings boundaries: ♦ Please stay on the sidewalk
- ♦ If you are escorting your child to the kindergarten yard, please say a quick goodbye at the gate and leave. You should not be waiting in front of the main doors or the kindergarten gated area.
- Please respect this so that you do not create obstacles for students walking to their designated doors.
Please do not congregate in numbers before school or after school for parent social time or for children play time. This is counter to what we do during the day and sends students mixed messages about the need for social distancing. Have your child meet you in the same areas you drop them off and leave the school playground.
NO DOGS ON SCHOOL PROPERTY
In the interest of student safety, we remind you that dogs are not permitted on school property. A dog’s behaviour and response around strangers can be unpredictable. Although dogs can be good pets for some people, they can be scary to some and pose an allergic risk to others. Dog droppings can pose not only a nuisance, but a health and safety hazard for all as well. Therefore, dogs must not be exercised on school property or brought to school when dropping off or picking up students.
ENTRY AND DISMISSAL
- Student supervision begins at 8:15 a.m.
- The soft entry model will continue. Students may enter from their designated doors between 8:15 and 8:30 and proceed directly to their classrooms. It is best to aim for 8:25 so that students are ready at their desks by 8:30, rather than walking in late and disrupting O Canada, morning prayers and announcements.
- Dismissal is at 3:00.
2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR FRENCH IMMERSION INFORMATION MEETING DETAILS
Year 2 Kindergarten parents/guardians who wish to learn more about French Immersion or wish to enroll their child in a Grade 1 French Immersion class for September 2023, are invited to attend an information meeting at one of the following virtual parent evening sessions:
Note about Microsoft Teams: For optimal access, use a computer device (desktop, laptop or Chromebook) or use the Microsoft Teams App.