Skip navigation
St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Elementary School
"Hands to Serve"
905.273.3937
  • St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Elementary School
  • 1120 Runningbrook Drive
  • Mississauga ON , L4Y 2T2
  • Principal: Caroline Athaide
  • Vice Principal(s):
  • Superintendents: Martine Lewis
  • Trustee: Mario Pascucci (Ward 3)
+More School Info
Search:
School Site 

About


History of Mother Teresa/Blessed Teresa/St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School


Mother Teresa School began as a kindergarten to grade 6 school in September 1980 to alleviate crowding at St. Thomas More School, with Mary Doyle as the first principal. All students living on the north side of Bloor were transferred to Mother Teresa School which was rented to Dufferin Peel by  the Peel Board and known as Runningbrook Public School. Mary Doyle who was principal at St. Thomas More, transferred to Mother Teresa School. Mother Teresa School was an open concept school with only blackboard partitions between classrooms. There were no doors or hallways between classes. In its opening year the grade six class was in a portable, as the Peel Public Board Plant still operated in this building where our junior classes are now located. The present intermediate pod was occupied by special needs students.

back to top