Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations: Responsible Citizen
ALL VISITORS MUST REPORT TO THE MAIN OFFICE
- School property is private property. We do not encourage student visitors from other schools
- Anyone who is not a registered student or staff member must report to the office to receive permission to visit
- Causal visitors are not allowed in the building or on the school grounds during the school day. A person who persists in "visiting" without such permission will be charged with trespassing
- Lockers ARE school property on loan for your use
- Locker clean-outs and the verification of ownership will take place from time to time Contents must be cleared at the end of the academic year.
- Space is provided for all students: the assigned locker must be kept for the entire school year
- Only DUDLEY combination locks may be used.
- Anything posted on any locker should reflect the moral tone of our school and respect for all persons in the community
- LOCKERS MAY BE ENTERED ANY TIME BY THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION.
When the fire alarm sounds, all staff and students must evacuate the school building. It is a criminal offence to falsely trigger a fire alarm system. Students deliberately setting a false alarm will be suspended and reported to the police.
If a student is injured while at school or in conjunction with any school activity, please have someone contact the school office so that you may receive help. An Accident Report form must be completed as soon as possible. This form is for student protection and is available at the main office
CONSUMPTION OF FOOD/DRINK
Food is to be eaten in the cafeteria area only for the safety of all and the consideration for those with anaphylaxis allergies. There is to be no eating/drinking in classrooms, library, gym, hallways, washrooms, etc. In order to keep the building and grounds clean, students are expected to be part of the total team which keeps the school in orderly fashion. Every consideration and assistance should be given to the cafeteria and custodial staff.
LOST AND FOUND
The school is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Students are strongly urged to leave all valuables at home. Personal items should be secured in the student's locker during the school day and the students must ensure that their locker is properly secured. Never leave valuables in the change rooms or unattended anywhere in the school or on the school grounds. The school will not be responsible for any losses or damages.
STUDENTS ON LUNCH OR SPARE
Students are not permitted to congregate in the halls or washrooms or be at lockers during class time. During your lunch or spare, you should be in the cafeteria or library.
No smoking is permitted in the school building or on school property at any time. Any student smoking in the school building or on school property will be suspended and may be subject to a fine by the Region of Peel Health Department. This policy includes e-cigarettes and vapour cigarettes.
There will be limited student parking facilities on school property. Only those who have been authorized by administration may park on school property. Parking passes are available to students (free of charge) from the Main Office. Unauthorized cars may be ticketed or towed.
LOST OR DAMAGED MATERIALS
Students will be charged the replacement cost for any lost or damaged school books or materials.
COMPUTER / INTERNET USAGE
Library, labs and classroom computers, are available to students for research needs. No e-mail, social media or games use is permitted. Misuse of computers may lead to immediate withdrawal of privileges.
Office phones are reserved for school business. Telephone messages to students will be relayed only in the case of an emergency.