St. Martin Catholic School Council for Parents Welcomes You
Our Catholic School Council meets on the first Monday of every month at 7:00 pm in our Bistro. All parents are welcome to attend!! October 1, 2018 will be our first meeting which will include the elections. Please access the Nomination forms below.
Section 11 - Nomination Form for Parent Member
Section 11 - Nomination Receipt Form
The members of the St. Martin Catholic School Council wish to welcome students, parents/guardians and teaching staff to a new school year at St. Martin Catholic Secondary School. We hope that this year will be a productive one as we work together with the staff to enhance our children's learning.
School Motto: Knowledge, Goodness, Discipline
What is the Catholic School Council?
The Catholic School Council was established by board policy, in accordance with the policy of the Ministry of Education and Training. It is intended to serve as an advisory committee to the school principal and, where appropriate, to the school board. The Catholic School Council provides the opportunity for parents, guardians, students, staff, the parish and members of the community to be actively involved in the operation and direction of their local school. Working together to support school programs and activities.
When does the Catholic School Council meet?
The St. Martin Catholic School Council meets several times a year in the Bistro at 7:00 p.m. All meetings are open and your participation and input is both welcome and valued.
Monday, November 5th
Monday, December 3rd
Monday, February 4th
Monday, April 1st
Monday, June 3rd
Who is eligible to be a Catholic School Council member?
Parents/Guardians of students enrolled in the school, a community representative, a parish representative, the school principal, a teacher from the school representative, a non-teaching staff member from the school representative and a Student Council representative. All members shall be English separate school supporters electors or their spouses.
What is the role of the Catholic School Council?
The major goals of the Catholic School Council are outlined in the board policy:
to promote the vision, values, sacramental life and Catholic practices of The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board and the Catholic community it serves, to be faithful to its mission.
to advise the principal and the board.
It is the responsibility of the Catholic School Council to promote the best interests of the Catholic school community. In identifying its priorities, the council may advise the principal on any of the following matters.
- These matters may include but are not limited to:
- faith development of the school community;
- the board school year calendar;
- school code of student behaviour;
- curriculum, program goals and priorities;
- the responses of the school or school board in achieving provincial and board assessment programs;
- selection of principals in a manner prescribed by the school board;
- the process and criteria applicable to the selection of principals and vice principals through the Annual School Council Survey:
- school budget priorities, including local capital improvement plans for submission to the board;
- school-community communication strategies;
- methods of reporting to parents/guardians in the community;
- extracurricular activities in the school;
- school based services and community partnerships related to social, health, recreation and nutrition programs;
- community use of school facilities;
- local coordination of services for children and youth;
- development, implementation and review of board policies at the local level.
How can I be an active member of the school community?
The Catholic School Council and its committees are comprised of parent volunteers, community members and staff. Parent involvement is greatly needed to ensure their success. All are welcome to attend our monthly meetings to get involved
St. Martin School Council 2018-2019 Members
Co-Chairs: J. Brady, Roxanne Smith
Secretary: Marta Da Costa
Parish Rep: Maria Vessio
CCCCAT Rep: Andrea Vieira
Principal: J. Pratt
Vice Principal: S. Bolger, C Kline
Teacher Representative: M Silvera
How can I contact a member of the Catholic School Advisory Council?
Email : email@example.com
CSC Meeting Minutes November 5 2018.docx
CSC Meeting Minutes October 1 2018.docx