Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) Information
and After-School Literacy Sessions
- OSSLT is now an online test.
- Test must be completed on a board device. Students must write the test in-person at school.
- Grade 12 students graduating during 2021-2022: The literacy graduation requirement has been waived.
- Fall 2021 OSSLT: was administered from November 22 to December 1, 2021 for Grade 11 and non-graduating Grade 12 students. The Guidance Department has met with students who were unsuccessful on the test to review options to meet the literacy requirement for graduation. NOTE: Students who wrote the OSSLT in the Fall 2021 will have their results appear in their myBlueprint accounts by June 17th, 2022.
REVISED (as of April 15, 2022)
SPRING 2022 OSSLT: April 20 to May 10, 2022
For students in Grade 10 and
Grade 11/Non-Grad Grade 12 who either wish to re-write or were not able to write in the fall
Parent Letter and Information regarding After-School Literacy Sessions can be found on the following link:
OSSLT Spring 2022 - Parent Letter and After-School Literacy Prep Info.pdf
Schedule for test administration based on Period 1 class or specialized grouping can be found on the following link:
After-School Literacy Sessions (optional) offered for Spring OSSLT participants
Registration and sessions now closed.
- 6 sessions: March 22nd to April 7th (2:45 to 4:15 PM).
- Registration required. Please refer to the document above for additional information: "OSSLT Spring 20222- Parent Letter and After-School Literacy Prep Info".
Grade 10 and Grade 11/12 Remote Students
Remote students are invited to write the literacy test IN-PERSON on the dates outlined below after school. Test will begin at 3:15 PM.
ACTUAL TEST: Grade 11 Remote Students
|April 27th AND April 28th|
ACTUAL TEST: Grade 10 Remote Students
|May 4th AND May 5th |
Students must write on both days and can enter the building starting at 2:40 PM. Upon arrival, students must:
- Report to the cafetorium
- Be in uniform
- present one piece of identification