Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) Information and After-School Literacy Sessions
Please click on the following link for information on this year's OSSLT as well as opportunities for students to access after-school literacy sessions.
Parent OSSLT Letter and After-School Literacy Info.
Some details include:
- OSSLT is now an online test. It will be administered in the fall and spring.
- Grade 12 students graduating during 2021-2022: The literacy graduation requirement has been waived.
- Fall OSSLT: November 22nd to December 1st for Grade 11 and non-graduating Grade 12 students
- Spring OSSLT: Dates TBD - for Grade 10 and Grade 11 & Non-Grad Grade 12 who either wish to write the test again or did not write in the fall
- Test to be done in-person with a board device. Remote students: are invited to write after school on November 29th and November 30th, must attend both days and sign up to write (see "Parent OSSLT Letter..." link above and the section below entitled OSSLT for Remote Learners and Those Writing Test After School....)
- After-School Literacy Sessions offered for Fall OSSLT participants (sessions are optional): Tuesdays and Thursdays starting Nov. 2nd and ending Nov. 18th, from 2:30-4:00 PM. Registration information is enclosed in the "Parent OSSLT Letter..." link above and the deadline to register was on Oct. 25th.
*** PLEASE NOTE: After-School Literacy Sessions for the fall are now full and registration is closed ***
OSSLT for Remote Learners and Those Writing Test After School
OSSLT Practice Test
Wednesday November 24th
Purpose of OSSLT Practice Test: To practice the test and ensure student access to EQAO software
OSSLT Actual Test (must attend both days)
Monday November 29th AND Tuesday November 30th
Sign-in at the cafeteria at 2:30 PM.
Please ensure you do your COVID-19 School Screening and show your results upon arrival: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
Please bring a piece of identification
Students should be in full uniform
Once you sign-in, you will go to your assigned classroom for the test.
Board devices will be provided for test administration.
Test will begin at 2:45 PM. Students will have 1 hour to complete test. Extra time is permitted.
Optional: Bring headphones with a round jack if you wish to access the "text-to-speech" feature of the test.
Should you have any questions, please contact the school.
Visit the EQAO website for more information/resources for the OSSLT: