In 1983, St. Luke Catholic Elementary School opened its doors at its Queen Street location in Port Credit. It served the community there for 20 years before moving in 2003. The old location remains open today as the B.J. Fleming Catholic Adult Learning Centre. That same year, with the closure of St. Mary's in Port Credit (1954 - 2003), St. Luke welcomed more students to its brand new building at 1280 Cobalt Street in Lorne Park.
Throughout the school are beautiful stained glass scenes including the one below removed from St. Mary's. It is a lovely reminder that even though the building is new, its history runs deep.