St. Isaac Jogues is a Plantinum Certified ECO School
The 4 pillars that are considered for certification are:
1. Ecological Literacy (workshops/lessons to make students & teachers aware of their responsibility to take care of the environment).
2. Engagement in practices to become environmentally responsible citizens (energy conservation)
3. Waste minimization
4. School Ground greening.
The Ecoschool committee is comprised of students from each class, teachers, the principal, the secretary, & the custodian. Together we strive to:
- help our school community develop both ecological literacy and environmental practices to become environmentally responsible citizens and reduce our ecological footprint.
- inspire, engage and empower today's youth to make a difference while developing active citizenship skills and ecological literacy by responding to the increasingly urgent issue of climate change
- build a caring whole school community engaged in environmental learning and actions
- provide leadership opportunities for students
- green our school grounds with rich areas for outdoor learning that enhance local biodiversity