HOLY NAME OF MARY C.S.S.
Thank you for visiting the website for Holy Name of Mary Catholic Secondary School.
- Holy Name of Mary has temporarily located to:
- 3566 South Common Court, Mississauga, Ontario, L5L 2B1 until our renovations are completed. September 2020, we will still remain at our temporary location.
- Phone number 905 458 5541 – Main Office
- Fax number 905 458 4741
- Email queries to: HolyNameofMaryInfo@dpcdsb.org
New links to communicate with your Guidance Counsellors via Google Classroom:
Mrs. Sunjka's Google Classroom link for students with last names (A - MEM):
Mrs. Aguirre's Google Classroom link for students with last names (MEN - Z):
Please use the links above and avoid emailing counsellors directly.
- Students will be provided their schedules September 11, 2020
- Please only bring nut-free snacks – cafeteria services will not be available due to Covid 19
- Bussing information may be found on www.stopr.ca It is highly suggested you sign up as you will get bussing alerts etc.
- Personal electronic devices are allowed and encouraged
- Students will keep belongings, backpacks, snacks (peanut-free), water bottles (already filled) and learning materials in the classroom
Communication for the School Community
Disturbing images of Anti-Black racism are dominating social media. We know this has had a profound impact on students who are experiencing a range of feelings, including hurt, confusion, and anger.
Students have reached out to ask for an opportunity to connect, talk and be heard about the profound impact of Anti-Black Racism on their lives. To support students at Holy Name of Mary Catholic Secondary School, Support Services will be hosting a forum on Monday June 22, 2020 @ 10:00am.
The forum will be facilitated by Child and Youth Workers and Social Workers who are passionate, trained and eager to listen and respond to youth who have been impacted by Anti-Black Racism. The forum will not be recorded. School staff will not be present in an effort to maintain the utmost confidentiality. Students wishing to attend must register and provide contact information as a safety precaution. Informaiton will be emailed to students.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Email us at HolyNameofMaryInfo@dpcdsb.org to let us know you are interested in joining our wonderful school. You will also need to inform the original high school you applied to and fill in a transfer request form with them.
NON DUFFERIN-PEEL STUDENTS:
1. Register online using the following link: https://olr.dpcdsb.org/Fusion/Account/LogOn
2. We will review your package and contact you for an interview and next steps. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: 905-458-5541 ext. 31400
Recent Updates - Resources - Please Read:
Letter - Dr. Nicola Mercer - Back to School - Parents.pdf NEW!
Letter to parents and guardians re school reopening September 4 2020.pdf NEW!
Directors Welcome Back Community Letter September 4 2020.pdf NEW!
Parent Guide Return to School NEW!
September 1st Message from Principal HNMRY.pdf NEW!
IMPORTANT Community Information Bulletin Secondary School Re-entry Update August 31 2020.pdf NEW!
Sept. 3 Return to School Student Health and Well-Being - Dr. Monica Hau.pdf NEW!
COMMUNITY AGENCY STATUS- Response to COVID-19 June UPDATE.pdf
Distance Learning Virtual Classroom Supports and e-Resources Summer_2020.pdf
Community Information Bulletin Message Resources and Supports for Families June 3 2020.pdf
Community Information Bulletin Message Updates FINAL June 2 2020.pdf
Parent-Guardian Message from Director May 20 2020.pdf
Minister of Education Letter to Parents May 19 2020.pdf
May 15 Tips for Students.pdf
May19 DPCDSB Letter to Educators Synchronous Teaching and Learning FINAL.pdf
Community Information Bulletin Mental Health and Well Being Resources Letter May 4 2020.pdf
Mental Health Supports in Peel during COVID 19_APR 29.pdf
Director's Letter to the DPCDSB Community April 29 2020.pdf
Continuity of Catholic Learning Quick Reference Guide April 28 2020.pdf
Parent Guardian Guide to Continuity of Catholic Learning revised April 16 2020.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions April 2020.pdf
Letter to Parents of Grade 12 Students at HNM Regarding Graduation and Prom.docx.pdf
DPCDSB - Parent Document April 8 2020.pdf
Distance Learning Supports and Resources For Students With Diverse Learning Needs.pdf
Community Information Bulletin HNM Relocation Extension April 23 2020.pdf
STOPR BUSSING INFORMATION UPDATED:
- Bussing is funded by the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board for this coming school year, as long as we are located at 3566 South Common Court, Mississauga. Once renovations are completed, bussing will not be provided.
- Visit https://www.stopr.ca to obtain your bussing information - follow these instructions:
- HOW TO FIND YOUR BUSSING INFORMATION.pdf
Please call STOPR at 905 890 6000 extension 2 if you are having any difficulties
IT has now been confirmed that:
- Busses in the AM only will pick students up right on the elementary school property (where this applies)
- Busses in the PM will drop students at the road
Important Memos - Please Read:
Holy Name of Mary Bulletin 3 - Renovation Project.pdf
Community Information Bulletin 3 Labour Relations Oct 2 2019.pdf
Community Information Bulletin Lead in Water November 2019 FINAL.pdf
Community Information Bulletin Bus Cancellation Notifications November 2019.pdf
2019 December Trustee Newsletter FINAL.pdf
Community Information Bulletin Ontario Ministry of Education Bullying Survey.pdf
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING EQAO MATH GR. 9:
Community Information Bulletin Grade 9 EQAO Mathematics Assessment January 2020.pdf
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING CORONAVIRUS:
Community Information Bulletin Coronavirus Jan 27 2020.pdf
Community Information Bulletin Coronavirus Update March 10 2020.pdf
Community Information Bulletin Coronavirus Update March 13 2020.pdf
The following is sent to you on behalf of Marianne Mazzorato, Director of Education:
2018-19 Director's Annual Report
Collaboration and cohesion are among the characteristics of successful teams and I believe our 2018-19 Director's Annual Report stands as evidence of the relationships among DPCDSB stakeholders that created and nurtured the environment for success over the past year.
It is my pleasure to share this document with you. I believe it reflects the Vision of the Board of Trustees and the DPCDSB's ongoing focus on meeting this vision in alignment with our Multi-Year Strategic Plan and our inherent commitment to Equity and Inclusive Education.
These highlights are representative examples of how we have partnered with family and church to provide a Catholic Education which develops the spiritual, intellectual, aesthetic, emotional, social and physical capabilities of each individual.
My profound gratitude goes out to our faculty and staff, administrators, senior management, trustees, parish priests, parents/guardians, students, unions and associations and our many other community partners for all they do in helping us deliver a quality Catholic education to the thousands of students in our care.
Blessings to you all.
Marianne Mazzorato, Ed.D.
Director of Education
Important Update from our Trustees:
2019 Year-End Trustee Newsletter FINAL.pdf