Skip navigation
Sacred Heart Elementary School
"The school with heart!"
  • Sacred Heart Elementary School
  • 24 Kerwood Place
  • Brampton ON , L6Z 1Y1
  • Principal: Michael Araman
  • Vice Principal(s):

  • Superintendents: Les Storey
  • Trustee: Darryl D'Souza (Brampton Ward 2)
+More School Info
School Site 

Register for School

Admissions to Dufferin-Peel Catholic Schools

Extraordinary lives start with a great Catholic education.

Welcome to Dufferin-Peel’s Catholic schools. Our board is one of the largest and most diverse school districts in Ontario. We currently operate 150 Catholic schools (124 elementary and 26 secondary), in Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon and Orangeville. At Dufferin-Peel, our goal is to provide quality Catholic education, which teaches students necessary life skills and prepares them for post-secondary education, the workplace, and for their role as responsible citizens.

Who Can Register at DPCDSB Schools?


Elementary admissions are open to Catholic children and children of Catholic parents. Kindergarten students must be at least 4 years of age by December 31 of the school year for which they are registering.


Under the provincially legislated Open Access policy, students of all faiths may attend Dufferin-Peel Catholic secondary schools, subject to the board’s admissions requirements.

New to Canada
Admission for all non-Canadian, non-landed citizens, including refugee claimants, international students and students on study permits and parental work permits, must be done on an individual basis. Please contact the Admissions Department at 905-890-1221 for an appointment to determine eligibility to attend Dufferin-Peel Catholic schools.​

International Students
We accept applications from International Students who wish to study in our elementary and secondary schools. ​For more information about our International Student Program and the application process, visit our International Student​s webpage.

When can I Register?

Parents can register their child for the upcoming school year and/or semester (secondary) at anytime during the school year (September-June). Kindergarten Registration takes place in January, but all elementary schools will continue to accept new registrations after this date. Schools open one week prior to the beginning of the school year for registering students who moved to the area during the summer months. Please call your local school in advance to confirm office hours and registration requirements.

​• Parents interested in applying for Kindergarten at St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre must register at their home school first.

Which School is in my Boundary Area?

To find out which Catholic school is in your area, use the GeoQuery tool on the Student Transportation of Peel Region website or contact the Planning Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24440.

How do I Register?

Parents/guardians are to register their child in person at their designated Catholic school. The following original documents are required for registration:

  • Registration Form:

  • Proof of age of the child
    Birth certificate or passport.

  • Original Roman Catholic baptismal certificate
    For child and/or parent/guardian. Includes baptismal certificates from an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome. If the child has not been baptized, and the parent/guardian is a baptized Roman Catholic or has been baptized in an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome, the parent/guardian must bring their original baptismal certificate.

  • Updated immunization records
    Immunization Card, Peel Health Form or Letter of Exemption.

  • Proof of Canadian citizenship
    Birth certificate, passport or permanent resident status.

  • Proof of home address
    Two of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill, real estate document or Government of Canada issued forms. On a case-by-case basis, consideration for any special circumstance shall go through the respective Superintendent or Admissions Officer.  If the lease agreement is the sole documentation and not a standard lease form, it should be notarized/Commissioner of Oath.

  • Emergency rural address numbers
    For identifying your property, if applicable.
    Proof of English Separate School Support
    May be done at the time of registration by completing an Application For the Direction of School Support and/or a Separate School Lease Agreement available at the school. Learn More: Support Catholic Education

  • Education records (if available)

*All documentation must be submitted in English.
* All original documents are required.

​For more information about admissions and requirements, parents/guardians should contact their local Catholic school or the Admissions Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24512 or 24519 or 24511.


back to top