What does ‘Dual Credit’ mean???
Dual credit programs are ministry-approved programs that allow students, while they are still in secondary school, to take college or apprenticeship courses that count towards both the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) and a postsecondary certificate, diploma, or degree, or an apprenticeship certification.
In other words…Earn both high school credits and college credits AT THE SAME TIME!!!
BENEFITS OF DUAL CREDIT PROGRAMS:
- Courses taught by qualified college faculty with industry experience in up-to-date, fully equipped facilities
- Free tuition, book, materials and transportation
- Earn a college credit and a secondary credit at the same time
- Earn up to 4 dual credits towards your high school diploma
- Support and guidance from secondary school teachers
- Opportunity to explore a potential career
- Gain practical hands-on experience
Students may earn up to four optional credits through college-delivered courses and there are now over 65 different Dual Credit College Programs available to choose from offered by various local colleges including Sheridan, Humber, George Brown, Seneca and Centennial. Choose one of the many programs available, explore a career choice and start your college education all before you even graduate from high school! Invest your time and effort once, and get a double return!