Blessed Bishop Scalabrini Catholic Elementary School was built in 1987 to accommodate the increasing student enrollment at Metropolitan Andrei Catholic Elementary School. The school board altered the intake boundaries of Metropolitan Andrei to allow a portion of the student population to move from that location to Bishop Scalabrini.
Rev. Camillo Lando Blessed the new one story structure, the last of it's kind built by the board, on June 5, 1988. The first principal was Mr. C. Dillon.
The school was designed to accommodate 375 students. However, new housing developments west of Confederation Parkway quickly allowed the school's population to soar to over 1000 student within the first three years. At the height of it's capacity, the school had twenty-two portables.
The school board assessed this enrollment problem and decided to build another school in the community. The intake boundaries for Bishop Scalabrini were altered to allow for a portion of the school's population to transfer to the new school, St. Phillip.
The school's population remained in excess of the intended accommodation design. As a result, in 2016 the board once again altered the intake boundaries redirecting some of the growing population to St. Phillip once more.
Presently, the 390 students of Blessed Bishop Scalabrini Catholic Elementary School are housed within the main building and the four remaining portables.