Please find a PDF Docuement for the Protocol for Retrieval of Students Personal Effects and returning textbooks and computers.
Final New Protocol - Access to Retrieve Student Belongings copy.pdf
This week, you received a notification email and phone call from the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board (DPCDSB) and a document regarding the Protocol for Retrieval of Students’ Personal Effects from school lockers, etc. The message also referred to the drop-off of school property such as musical instruments, textbooks, library books and any learning devices that are no longer required. If you haven’t already done so, please read the Protocol document carefully.
At Ascension of Our Lord Secondary School, we have developed the following schedule for the safe and orderly retrieval of items left by students at school and to drop off the school-owned items mentioned above:
Access to Ascension of Our Lord SS will take place take place on these dates:
June 18 for Grade 9s
Block 1 : A – F (9:00-9:45)
Block 2 : G – L (10:00-10:45)
Block 3 : M – Q (12:15-1:00)
Block 4 : R – Z (1:15-2:00)
June 19 for Grade 10s
Block 1 : A – C (9:00-9:45)
Block 2 : D – K (10:00-10:45)
Block 3 : L – R (12:15-1:00)
Block 4 : S – Z (1:15-2:00)
June 23 for Grade 11s
Block 1 : A – D (9:00-9:45)
Block 2 : E – M (10:00-10:45)
Block 3 : N – S (12:15-1:00)
Block 4 : T – Z (1:15-2:00)
June 24 for Grade 12s
Block 1 : A – C (9:00-9:45)
Block 2 : D – H (10:00-10:45)
Block 3 : I – P (12:15-1:00)
Block 4 : Q – Z (1:15-2:00)
- Grade 12 students are invited to donate their old uniforms and pick up their grad photos, caps, gowns and gifts on June 24th
Students are not required to come to the school to retrieve personal belongings if they believe they no longer require these items.
We ask that the following parameters be strictly followed during this process:
- Adhere to the below protocol at all times while on school property;
- Maintain a minimum 2-meter distance at all times, as you enter and exit the building, and as directed by staff supervisors;
- You may be asked to wait outside before being allowed inside the building. Markings to ensure physical distancing will be set up outside the entrance doors.
- Do not congregate in the hallways or anywhere on the property when leaving the property. You must leave the property immediately after exiting the building.
- Students must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the school building. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Students are encouraged to wear their own cloth or non-medical masks to the school.
- Bags and other containers from outside the school cannot be brought into the school. Clear plastic bags will be available for students to collect belongings and garbage bins will be provided to dispose of any items.
- Please adhere to the following protocol:
- Any person accessing the school should perform a COVID-19 self-assessment before arriving at the school. The Ministry of Health’s self-assessment can be accessed at: hkps://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- If the self-assessment directs you to stay home and monitor your health or to get tested for COVID-19, do not come to the school.
- Entry shall be denied to any person who has any of the symptoms outlined in the ‘COVID-19 Reference Document for Symptoms’ on the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website.
- Entry shall also be denied to any person who has been in contact with anyone suspected or confirmed of having COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Each student will only have access inside the school for 15 minutes
- No more than 5 individuals are to be permitted to congregate in an area, including a classroom, at a time.
Entering and Exiting
- Private security guards will be on hand to ensure that appropriate physical distancing is maintained outside the school and to ensure that all visitors leave the school property immediately after collecting belongings.
- Anyone accessing the building should do the following:
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover a cough and sneeze with a tissue or arm, not a hand.
- Students must maintain physical distancing of 2 metres from others at all times.
- Use of washrooms and drinking fountains is not permitted.
- Wearing of face coverings (e.g., cloth masks) where physical distancing cannot be maintained or is difficult is recommended.
Return of Items to the School
- A designated area for return of items, such as musical instruments, library books, and textbooks, if they are no longer required, will be provided.
- Returned Items should be labelled with masking tape by the students with the name and grade of the student and the classroom teacher’s name prior to arriving at the school.
- Information about the timing for returning technology/devices will be communicated separately
- Students should access their lockers alone, unless they need parent support for a specific circumstance. This is to limit the number of people wishing to access the building
- Reminder for students to know/bring their locker combination. Locks may need to be cut by custodians if the combination is forgotten/not known.
- social gatherings at the school will not be permitted.
- any current lost and found items at the school will be placed on a table for pick up.
We look forward to working together to keep our students and their families safe.
As the Continuity of Catholic Learning extends until June 26, there will be a further opportunity to drop off devices, textbooks, etc., that may still be required, in early July.
Thank you for your attention to this important information. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school at 905-676-1287
Ascension of Our Lord Secondary School.