ELIGIBILITY FOR STUDENT TRUSTEE
To be eligible for the role of Student Trustee, students must meet the following criteria:
1. Students must be baptized Catholic (per Board Policy 5.25):
- As part of Catholic Board denominational rights, the Board has the right to limit eligibility to positions of responsibility, e.g. Teacher, Administrators, Trustees (including Student Trustees), to qualified individuals who are baptized.
- Catholic school boards have a philosophy of education that is distinct from their public counterparts.
- Representatives of the Catholic community including Catholic Trustees must ensure the mission of Catholic education, as part of the broader mission of the Church, is fulfilled.
- Catholic Trustees carry out their role in alignment with the convictions and commitments of the Catholic faith.
- Individuals selected for these positions must be able to bring the Catholic perspective and sacramental and experiential knowledge to the work that they do on behalf of the Board.
2. As of August 1, following the election, students must be registered for a grade 11 or 12 full-time program in a Dufferin-Peel secondary school.
3. Students under the age of 18 must provide written confirmation of support and acknowledgement of the responsibilities from their parent /guardian via the completed
Student Trustee Application & Parent/Guardian Permission Form (Appendix A).
4. Students, if successful, shall sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
5. Students must be willing to commit the necessary time to attend meetings and perform the duties and responsibilities of a student trustee.
6. Students must acknowledge the responsibilities and consequences of becoming disqualified.