There are many Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology offering a wide range of programs. Colleges offer unique programs designed to prepare you for where you want to go. There are thousands of programs from which to choose: arts, health sciences, technology, trades and business areas of study, with many credential options. The basic requirement for secondary school students is an Ontario Secondary School Diploma. However, many programs require additional admission requirements such as:
- Specific academic prerequisites (Example: Grade 12 English, Grade 12 Math)
- Completion of an essay, admission test or questionnaire
- Attendance at an information meeting
It is the responsibility of each applicant to research the programs at the colleges to determine which program best suits his/her interests and needs. This brochure will help to get you started.
Good Luck on the next phase of your life!
Get the Facts….
- You will apply to college on-line: www.ontariocolleges.ca. The application fee is $95.00 (for 5 programs). The fees are directly paid to OCAS: this covers the cost of processing your application by the Ontario College Application Service (OCAS).
- You can apply to a maximum of FIVE colleges/programs.
- You cannot apply to more than THREE programs at any one college.
- You can search which colleges offer the programs you are interested in as well as access program information.
- Applying on-line means that OCAS will receive your application IMMEDIATELY. Upon the centre receiving your fees, your application will be processed.
- If you are presently enrolled at Ascension ( will be a graduating grade12 student), once you apply to OCAS, you will be able to see your marks under the section 'My Application' (be sure to check for accuracy).