We hope that all is well with you and your families. The Ascension of Our Lord School Staff and the Graduation Committee are looking forward to recognizing and celebrating our Graduates at this milestone event.
Below are details about Ascension of Our Lord's Upcoming Gradautation for the 2021 class.
Pending on Peel Public Health Restrictions. Dates and times may change.
Graduation Date: Tuesday June 29th 2021.
VIRTUAL GRADUATION VIDEO LINK: CLICK HERE
UPDATED GRADUATION INFORMATION-June 22, 2021
Book your Graduation Appointment: CLICK HERE
Our Grade 12 Graduation is fast approaching. We are writing to inform you about Graduation activities for 2021. This year, the virtual Graduation Ceremony will take place on Tuesday, June 29th at 7:00 p.m.
The virtual graduation can be found on our school website and the Ascension of Our Lord Secondary School YouTube Channel.
On Tuesday, June 29th from 10:00am to 2:00pm, we will be congratulating all graduates in person outside the school in the “Kiss and Ride” driveway and staff parking lot areas. We will be distributing diplomas, awards and gifts on that day. To maintain public health measures, students will need to sign up for a 15 minute interval so that we can socially distance while moving through the pick-up stations. Graduates will be dressed in their gowns and caps and will make their way through the stations set up. We ask that parents keep a distance to respect the safety measures put in place from Peel Public Health. We are unable to exceed 10 people at any one time.
1. Graduates will proceed to the first station where they can take any pictures they wish with our banner and balloons.
2. Graduates will then proceed to the second station where they will receive their diploma and any appropriate awards.
3. Graduates will move to the next station where they will be receiving gift bags.
4. Congregations in the parking lot must be kept to a maximum of 10 people.
Please refer to the link below to book a time for the in-person portion of the day.
The Ascension Graduation Yearbook will be available for pick up by students in late September.
The Graduation Committee
The following is a preliminary plan:
- Pending the lifting of current Covid restrictions, from 10:00am – 2:00pm we will be hosting our in person drive by (walk through) celebration. This will be done by appointment, whereby we are planning on asking the students to pick a time to book their visit to the school (this will allow for friends to possibly book a common time if wanted). More details to follow for this will be shared via Graduation Google Classroom. Please keep in mind that the appointments will adhere to the outdoor celebration limits that exist at that time.
- Appointments will be scheduled at 15 minute intervals.
- Students will be encouraged to attend, in their cap and gown.
- This event will take place in two areas - The front Kiss and Ride area, will have a grad banner, balloon arch and decorations set up for students to take pictures with their family members if they would like. The second area will be designated for students only, and it will take place in our parking lot. Students will receive a number of graduation keepsakes at this time, and be able to be recognized by our staff.
- Tuesday June 29th 2021 at 7:00pm: Virtual Graduation Ceremony (Valedictorian speech, Student Achievement Awards) –from 7:00 - 8:30 pm via School Youtube and other online channels.
GRADUATION-MESSAGE FROM DUFFERIN PEEL AND ARCHDIOCESE OF TORONTO
The Central Committee for Catholic School Councils is proud to present the Graduating Class of 2021 with Cardinal Thomas Collins on Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. His Eminence Cardinal Collins will be addressing our Grade 8 and Grade 12 graduating students and their families on the next stages of their faith journey. Please see the flyer for details and the Zoom link to participate in this event.
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/98298917778?pwd=NkZ6a3czZFlXTENKRnFTeGVETXZsQT09