Kindergarten Registration for the 2018-19 school year
Online Registration Now Available!
Dufferin-Peel offers the full-day Kindergarten program in all 123 Catholic elementary schools in Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Bolton and Orangeville. Elementary school admissions are open to Catholic children and children of Catholic parents. Kindergarten students must be at least 4 years of age by December 31 of the school year for which they are registering.
To find out which Catholic school is in your area, use the GeoQuery Tool or contact the Planning Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24440. If you are applying for 'Flex Boundaries', please contact the school office directly.
- Registration for Mayfield West #1 - Caledon (Boundary Map) will take place at St. Rita School and registration for Credit Valley #5 - Brampton (Boundary Map) will take place at St. Jean-Marie Vianney School. Mayfield West #1 and Credit Valley #5, which have yet to be officially named, will open in September 2018.
- The St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre located in the Port Credit area of Mississauga will be holding registration for the 2018-19 school year on January 23* from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and on January 24-26 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. *A snow date has been designated on January 24 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Registration for St. James CGLC will take place in-person at the school located at 98 Wanita Road in Mississauga. Online registration is not available for St. James CGLC. Parents interested in applying for Kindergarten at St. James Catholic Global Learning Centre must register at their home school first.
- If you are not able to register your child during Kindergarten Registration Week in January, no worries, all Catholic elementary schools will be accepting new registrations throughout the remainder of the school year. Call ahead for office hours.
This year, parents/guardians have the option to register online or in-person at their designated Catholic school.
Online Registration will begin on January 8, 2018. The Online Registration Form should be completed prior to in-person school meetings where documentation will be received on January 15* from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. and January 17-19 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (*A snow date has been designated on January 16 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
ACCESS ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
How does Online Registration work?
Click here for detailed instructions
- Create an account on the Trillium Online Registration system
- Complete Online Registration Form
- Submit Online Registration Form
- Receive email confirmation acknowledging receipt of the Online Registration Form
- School will contact the Parent/Guardian to review registration information and arrange a school visit to verify documentation.
- Registration Form is approved and student is enrolled.
To register in person, please complete and print the
Kindergarten Registration Form (copies of the form are also available in the school office) and bring the following documentation to the school office on January 15* from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., January 17, 18 & 19 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (*A snow date has been designated on January 16 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
The following documents are required for registration:
- Registration Form
- Proof of age of the child
Birth certificate or passport.
- Original Roman Catholic baptismal certificate
For child and/or parent/guardian. Includes baptismal certificates from an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome. If the child has not been baptized, and the parent/guardian is a baptized Roman Catholic or has been baptized in an Eastern Church in full communion with the Holy See of Rome, the parent/guardian must bring their original baptismal certificate.
- Updated immunization records
Immunization Card, Peel Health Form or Letter of Exemption.
- Proof of Canadian citizenship
Birth certificate, passport or permanent resident status.
- Proof of home address
Two of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill, real estate document or Government of Canada issued forms. On a case-by-case basis, consideration for any special circumstance shall go through the respective Superintendent or Admissions Officer. If the lease agreement is the sole documentation and not a standard lease form, it should be notarized/Commissioner of Oath.
- Emergency rural address numbers
For identifying your property, if applicable.
- Proof of English Separate School Support
May be done at the time of registration by completing an Application for the Direction of School Support and/or a Separate School Lease Agreement (Peel or Dufferin).
Learn More: Support Catholic Education
* All documentation must be submitted in English.
* All original documents are required.
For more information about admissions and requirements, parents/guardians should contact their local Catholic school or the Admissions Department at 905-890-0708 ext. 24512 or 24519 or 24511.
KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM INFORMATION