Posted on: 9/28/17
Dufferin-Peel Catholic Board announces its 2017 Distinguished Alumni
The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board has released its fifth annual "Distinguished Alumni" poster series featuring profiles of alumni who have gone on to make significant and unique contributions in their respective careers, industries and communities. These posters are distributed to all Catholic schools and parishes in Dufferin-Peel.
This year's poster features four alumni, including a humanitarian, an actor, a current Dufferin-Peel teacher, who is also a published author and a professional sports scout.
- Cara E. Yar Khan, Humanitarian (Father Michael Goetz S.S.)
- Curtis Rukavina, Professional Football Scout (St. Matthew School & St. Francis Xavier S.S.)
- Prince Amponsah, Actor (Bishop Scalabrini School & Father Michael Goetz S.S.)
- Aileen Santos, Teacher & Author (St. Francis of Assisi School, Metropolitan Andrei School & Holy Name of Mary S.S.)
Full profiles for each "Distinguished Alumni" are available on the Dufferin-Peel website, www.dpcdsb.org.
are extremely proud of our Dufferin-Peel Catholic graduates who have gone on to
make valuable and unique contributions to society,” said Marianne Mazzorato,
Director of Education. “These alumni have acknowledged that their Catholic
education was foundational in helping to shape who they are and the path they have
chosen. We hope they serve as a great source of inspiration for our current
students and staff.”
The profile of each alumni aligns to one of the seven Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations:
- A discerning believer
- An effective communicator
- A reflective, creative and holistic thinker
- A self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner
- A collaborative contributor
- A caring family member
- A responsible citizen
The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Ontario with over 81,000 students in 149 schools located throughout Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon and Orangeville. The board is also one of the largest employers in the region with approximately 11,000 employees. For more information about the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board and Catholic schools in Peel Region and Dufferin County, visit us online at www.dpcdsb.org.
- 30 -
Media Contact: Nancy Marshall, Communications Officer, 905-890-0708 ext. 24278 or 416-788-9367