ATTENTION GRADE TWELVE UNIVERSITY BOUND STUDENTS!!
1. Along with all graduation requirements, you will need SIX Grade Twelve U or M Level courses to apply to university including the specific prerequisites for your chosen program. Make sure your Community Service Hours are completed and submitted to you Guidance Counsellor between October and May.
2. Begin your research early by reading the eINFO 2017 newsletter very carefully.
3. Visit eINFO at www.electronicinfo.ca . This is a guide to Ontario universities for secondary school students. Familiarize yourself with this site. Browse through all of the TABS as you research the various programs to which you would like to apply and the prerequisites. You can also check the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) at www.ouac.on.ca/ouac-101 to assist you in your search. Make a list of the programs that interest you and their OUAC program codes.
4. It is strongly advised that along with visiting university websites, you attend the Ontario Universities’ Fair at the Toronto Convention Centre, scheduled for September 22nd – 24th, 2017. You are also encouraged to attend the University/College Information Night on Tuesday November 14th from 6:00 - 8:00 PM at our school. Lastly, you may actually visit the universities that interest you by attending campus tours. Refer to individual websites for available dates and times.
5. There are some very important dates coming up this year with respect to deadlines for university applications. The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) lists the deadline as Wednesday January 17th, 2018. We would strongly recommend that you complete the process by December 31st, 2017.
6. Take a deep breath!! There will be a University Application Workshop during Period Two on Monday November 2nd, 2017. If you have a spare during this period please make arrangements to be here on this day. We will walk you through the process and provide you with your PIN number so that you may proceed with the application online. You will not be able to apply without this number.
7. This is an exciting year for you. Do not cause yourself needless stress by putting things off. START TO CONSIDER YOUR FUTURE PLANS NOW! Many Universities have an Open House for you to visit. Click here for more details.
Check the OUAC website in early October for a list of dates and other important information.
ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE BOUND STUDENTS!!
1. Along with all provincial graduation requirements, there will be specific required courses for your chosen college program. Be sure these courses are on your schedule!! Do not forget to complete your community service hours. They can be submitted to the guidance between October and May.
2. If you are still unsure, research available programs by visiting www.ontariocollegs.ca. This is a guide to Ontario colleges for secondary school students. Familiarize yourself with this site. Use the TABS as you research the various programs to which you would like to apply. For more detailed information, stop by the Guidance Department on your lunch to look through the booklets available for each college. You are also invited to browse through the specific college websites.
3. It is strongly advised that you attend The Ontario College Information Fair scheduled at the Enercare Centre (Exhibition Place) for Monday October 24th and 25th, 2017 from 5:00 - 9:00 and Tuesday October 18th from 9:00 - 2:00. You are also welcome to attend the College/University Information Night at St. Joseph on Tuesday November 14th from 6:00 - 8:00.
4. Take a deep breath!!! The College Application Workshop is scheduled for Tuesday November 7th during Period One to assist you with the application process. The deadline for college applications is February 1st, 2018 so you will be prepared well in advance.
5. Make sure you have a realistic plan for next year.
6. Visit the Ontario Colleges website for important dates, information and a tutorial about applying to college.
ONTARIOCOLLEGES.CA – The Hub for applying to Ontario’s Public Colleges
ontariocolleges.ca is the information hub for anyone interested in applying to Ontario’s public colleges. You’ll find answers to questions about transcripts, deadline dates and so much more, and you can also:
Find a Program - Use our search engine to browse thousands of Ontario college programs by keyword, start date, credential and more.
Choose a College - Learn more about each of Ontario’s public colleges, view campus locations and find contact information, all in one easy place.
Apply - When you’re ready, apply online to Ontario’s colleges using our secure application.
Confirm an Offer - Once offers are out and you’ve made your final decision, log back in to your application to confirm your choice.