Upcoming Important Dates for 2017/2018:
Check the white board outside of Guidance for monthly overview.
Night School Information for Semester 2
Dual Credit Course offerings and application forms
Monthly reminders on white board outside of Guidance.
Course selection “submission” for next year is in January.
*Grade 12 applications to College programs www.ontariocolleges.ca and University programs www.ouac.on.ca * Be sure to click on the “OSAP” button at the end of your application.
December - All students should update their IPP on myBlueprint with Goals, other Activities for this school year and planned courses for next year.
January 5 (11am) Night School Semester 2 Applications due.
January 8 – 18 Course Selection Submission open for 2018-2019 via myBlueprint
January 17 – Ontario University Application Deadline for equal consideration.
January 19 – Course Selection 2018-2019 Printout and Payment Collection
February 1 – Ontario College Application Deadline for equal consideration
- Use myBlueprint to update yearly IPP requirements. Explore "High School Planner, Goal Setting, Occupations and Post Secondary Planner" to plan YOUR future! **Note-June final grades are posted to myBlueprint each September and at the end of each term.
- For information on Academic Enrichment (opportunities all year and in summer), Jobs and Volunteer Opportunities-->see the Bulletin Boards and info binders in Guidance. There are lots of seasonal Volunteer Opportunities (Breakfast with Santa, Cancer Society activities, Food Banks, Riverwood Rubbish CleanUp, Mississauga Marathon etc.)
- Summer jobs with Ontario Public Service posted in January www.ontario.ca/Careers - select "Student" for Career Level
- Post Secondary Campus Events (incl. Open House Tour Dates): see the link for Post Secondary Campus Events
Post Secondary Education Reference Information for Grade 12s and Parents
- College Diploma, Degree and Certificate Programs - www.ontariocolleges.ca Information and links to all programs at all colleges. To apply to programs, create your own account and pay your fees beginning mid October annually.
- University Degree Programs - For updated program information at all Ontario universities, including pre-requisites, cutoff ranges etc. check www.electronicinfo.ca To apply on OUAC (Ontario University Application Centre) www.ouac.on.ca Create an account using your unique PIN# available in November from Guidance. Grade 12 information sessions held annually in September/October.
- Check the "Scholarship" binder regularly for new info. www.yconic.com www.scholarshipscanada.com www.studentawards.com
- NEW! www.ontario.ca/osap the revised Ontario government OSAP website has a quick calculator to estimate the amount of grant and/or loan money a student "could" receive
- www.ontransfer.ca shows the Post Secondary transfer pathways i.e. from College diplomas to University or College degrees
Key information for Students and Parents - click the following links:
Iona Guidance Counsellors 2017-2018
Ms A Sudetic
Guidance Administrative Assistant
Ms N Groshens
Grade 10 D-Z / Grade 12 Students
Ms N Arsenault
Department Head - Guidance
Grs. 11 Students
Grade 11 & 12 IEP Students
Ms A Howell
Guidance Counsellor/ Teacher
Grade 9 Students and Grade 10 A-C
Grade 9 & 10 IEP Students
Mr N Wirkowski
Student Success Teacher
Grade 11 & 12
Ms M Doherty
Child and Youth Worker
Ms A Noble
Ms L Barker-Thomas
School Social Worker
Course Outlines: Grade 10 Career Studies