See below exam procedures for regular announcements.
IONA CATHOLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL
EXAMINATION PROCEDURES FOR STUDENTS
EXAM WEEK SCHEDULE
Students must be in their designated exam room by 8:00 each morning. Prayer &Anthem begin at 8:05
Wednesday January 24 2017 Period 1 Exams
E-Learning Exams are written today (12:00 – 2:00 p.m.)
Thursday January 25 2017 Period 2 Exams
Friday January 26 2017 Period 3 Exams
Monday January 29 2017 Period 4 Exams
Tuesday January 30 2017 Exam Emergency Day (any postponed exams will be written today)
(Please note: A scheduled Exam Emergency Day is considered the 5th day of the exam schedule. If an Exam Emergency Day is declared by Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board for emergency related or other reasons, or if the school board closes schools or cancels busses for the entire school board due to the emergency, all rescheduled exams will be written on the January 30 Exam Emergency Day. Students who have a postponed exam must make arrangements to be present at school on the January 30 Exam Emergency Day. If they are absent they may receive a mark of 'zero').
ADDITIONAL DATES TO REMEMBER
Wednesday January 31 2017 Exam Review Day (full day, full, uniform, regular bussing)
Thursday February 1 2017 P.A Day
Friday February 2 2017 First Day of Semester 2
ATTENDANCE AND UNIFORM DURING EXAMS
1. All students are expected to be in school on time and in full uniform each day of exam week.
2. If students are late for an exam, extra time may not be granted beyond the finish time.
3. An admit slip will be required if student arrives after the exam attendance has been taken and submitted to the attendance office.
4 A medical note must be submitted for any exam not written due to illness. A call to the school
attendance office regarding an absence prior to the start of the exam is also required.
5. Missed exams due to other reasons must be discussed with school administration. The exam may be rescheduled
6. A missed exam will result in a grade of zero if a medical note or other documentation is not provided.
EXAM ROOM PROTOCOL
1 Students must ensure that they arrive in their exam room with all required materials.
2. Students requiring assistance during an exam will indicate so by silently raising their hand.
3. Students must remain seated until the examination supervisor collects all exams.
4. Students must remain in their exam room for a minimum of 1 hour after the start of the exam.
SUPERVISED STUDY AREA DURING EXAMS
1. During exams, students who are not writing an exam in a particular course must be present in their regular classroom which will be supervised by their teacher for that course
2. With permission, students may also be directed to the cafeteria for supervised study hall
3. The library may be used for study purposes ONLY if there are no exams being written there.
4. Full uniform is required for students who are in the school building during exam week.
STUDENT TRANSPORTATION DURING EXAMS
1. School buses will run at the usual morning scheduled times during exam week.
2. All busses will depart Iona at 11:30 A.M. following the exams each day.