Welcome To The Guidance Department
Guidance counsellors are assigned students by alphabet. Students and parents are encouraged to contact the appropriate counsellor whenever the need arises.
The following are Guidance Counsellors at Father Michael Goetz for the 2016 - 2017 school year:
Mr. Mattacchione A - As and I , J, K
Ms. McCarney-Perkins B, C
Ms. Nolan At - Az, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
Ms. Caswell Currently on Leave
Mr. St. Louis L, M, N, O, P, Q and R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
Click on the menu bar to the left to access various pages of information.
The Guidance Programme will attempt to respond to student needs throughout their secondary school years. The Programme shall provide opportunities for students to acquire the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to:
- know and appreciate themselves
- relate effectively to others
- develop appropriate educational plans
- explore career alternatives
The program will be delivered by counsellors through personal counselling, small group sessions and classroom instruction.
The following are among the services offered:
- academic counselling/planning
- career exploration and planning
- study skills sessions/ career interest inventories
- support groups, peer tutors
- college and university information
- night school and summer school information
- job bulletin board
Students are encouraged to request an appointment with a counsellor as required. To request an appointment simply drop by the Student Services Area, fill out a request form and leave it with the secretary. Likewise parents/guardians are encouraged to become involved in their son/daughter's concerns, planning, etc. by contacting his/her counsellor.