Supporting the transition of children with differing abilities into kindergarten 2018
SCHOOL CASH ONLINE
At Venerable Michael J. McGivney we are now asking parents to register for their own online payment account as this is our PREFERRED method of payment. Thanks for your support! In order to register please go to https://dpcdsb.schoolcashonline.com/.
Why School Cash Online?
• Pay for child school fees online (trips, donations, pizza etc.)
• Stop sending money with your child to school
• Get automatic email notifications about school fees
• It’s fast, safe and convenient
TREATS IN THE CLASSROOMS
We at Venerable Michael J. McGivney School expect and appreciate the co-operation of the entire school community by NOT sending any lunches or snacks or treats that contain peanut and nut products, which could potentially harm a pupil. Please make sure that all of your children’s caregivers are aware of the food restrictions. Please avoid sending any type of food to school for birthdays or other any special occasions. Parents are asked to use alternate methods to recognize your child’s birthday or special occasions. This could be in the form of a book donated to the class in your child’s name or a non-edible treat i.e. pencil, sticker etc. Donuts from Tim Horton’s, or any other food products or loot bags with food items will no longer be permitted as a treat in class.
KISS and RIDE
PARKING BLOCKED FIRE ROUTES / STUDENT SAFETY
We recently invited the Peel Police to our school to observe traffic flow in the Kiss ‘N’ Ride and offer some feedback working within our limited constraints.
Some important reminders:
• During our busy times of the day (8:15 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.) cars are parking illegally and obstructing fire safety routes, both within the Kiss ’N’ Ride area and at the front of the school.
• The Kiss ’N’ Ride is intended solely for dropping off students.
• Under no circumstances are you permitted to park in fire route areas and walk children through the parking lot to either the kindergarten area or the school yard.
• Please also be aware cars are not permitted to park anywhere at the front of the school unless it is a designated parking spot. This expectation/rule applies at all times, including in the morning at the start of the day, middle lunch and during dismissal at the end of the day.
• Please be advised and aware that Parking Control will continue to monitor this situation and tickets will continue to be issued to cars in violation. The school will not be responsible for any tickets issued by parking control.
• If you wish to walk with your child(ren) to/from the kindergarten area or the school yard, we would ask that you please consider parking on the street in appropriate areas.
• Under no circumstances should cars be left running and unattended.
• All children must be safely secure in seat belts.
• Children should not be exiting the left side of the vehicle into the traffic lane.
• Do not double park or idle in front of parked cars where students load the bus.
While we appreciate the convenience of parking your car on school property when dropping off and picking up your child(ren), unfortunately we are not able to accommodate additional cars during our busy times. The Kiss ’N’ Ride is only intended for dropping off your child(ren), it cannot accommodate parents who wish to park their car and walk children through a busy parking lot. Not only is this illegal, children’s safety is put at risk. We apologize for any inconvenience and ask that you please respect the signs on school property which are intended for the safety of all.
Bus Cancellations Due to Bad Weather
A decision to cancel school transportation, and/or to close schools due to inclement weather is usually made by 6:30 a.m. Bus or school cancellations during winter months are broadcast on various media outlets. Please check the school board’s transportation website, www.stopr.ca for the most up to date information.