We, the faculty of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Elementary School celebrate spirituality and diversity through achieving, believing and community living in an inclusive Catholic environment.
We, the parents of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Elementary School, in partnership with staff and students, are dedicated to our children's spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social and physical development in a secure environment, at home and in class. Working together, we attain success by educating students to their full potential.
We, the students of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Elementary School, act and learn as a Catholic community. We demonstrate our love for God by respecting each other and by trying to meet the expectations of our parents and teachers.
General School Information
|Yard Supervision begins||8:15 a.m.|
|School Start Time||8:30 a.m.|
|Instructional Time||8:30 - 10:36 a.m.|
|Morning Recess||10:36 - 10:51 a.m.|
|Instructional Time||10:51 - 11:31 a.m.|
|Lunch||11:31 - 11:51 a.m.|
|Lunch Recess||11:51 a.m. - 12:31 p.m.|
|Instructional Time||12:31 - 1:54 p.m.|
|Afternoon Recess||1:54 - 2:09 p.m.|
|Instructional Time||2:09 - 3:00 p.m.|
Please refer to the Reference Newsletter for all important school and policy information for the 2016-2017 school year.
Catholic Code of Conduct
Please review the Catholic Code of Conduct here.
Roles and Responsibilities
St. Francis of Assisi School, in partnership with parents/guardians and the community has the responsibility to:
- Provide a safe school environment
- Teach positive behaviour and good citizenship
- Teach acceptance and respect for others
- Foster open and honest communication
Principal / Vice-Principal:
Under the direction of the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board we the administration will take a leadership role in the daily operation of the school. We will provide this leadership role by:
- Demonstrating care and commitment to academic excellence and a safe teaching and learning environment
- Holding everyone accountable for their actions
- Communicating regularly and meaningfully with all members of the St. Francis of Assisi community
Teachers and school staff, under the leadership of the administration, will maintain order in the school and are expected to hold the highest standard of respectful and responsible behaviour. As role models, staff uphold these high standards when they:
- Help students work to their potential and develop their self-worth
- Communicate regularly and meaningfully with parents
- Maintain consistent standards of behaviour for all students
- Demonstrate respect for all students, staff, and parents
- Prepare students for the full responsibilities of good, Christian citizens
Parents/Guardians play an important role in the education of their children and have a responsibility to support the efforts of school staff in maintaining a safe and respectful learning environment for all students. Parents/Guardians are partners in the education of their children.
- are accountable for their actions
- are expected to act as responsible members of the Catholic Community
- agree to respect property
- are responsible for attending classes
- are responsible for putting a strong, consistent effort into their studies
- are expected to abie by the Code of Behaviour